Friday, March 12, 2010

My first blog. Yeah me! I wanted to have a spot where I could let it all hang out, so here it is. I was listening to the Howard Stern show the other day and former Governor Jesse Ventura (Minnesota) was on promoting his new book. First off, I am a huge Stern fan. I think he is the best interviewer of our generation. Yes, he can be vulgar at times but can't we all, who cares. Secondly, I'll be honest, I haven't given a second glance to any of the health care reform plans so shame on me for not being more literate on the subject. However, with all that said the Governor had an amazing point (actually he had several but I will only touch on one) about healthcare. He said that if government run healthcare is so bad why is it the ONLY healthcare offered to our military? If it is good enough for the men and women who serve this country with their lives why wouldn't it be good enough for civilians? His point floored me. Shouldn't our military receive the VERY BEST care available? Hell yes! So, if govt run healthcare is good enough for our military, what does that say about all the politicians, media heads, and civilians that are complaining about how terrible it will be for all of us? I'm not saying the healthcare they receive is good or bad but I have heard some negative stories about it. If that's the case then shouldn't we:
A) overhaul our military's benefits?
B) improve govt healthcare (like right now why we are debating it)
C) provide them with personalized insurance? This won't happen because our govt won't be strangled by the thieving insurance companies...hmmm, sound familar?
D) debate it, argue it, name call, demonize each side and not get anything done? (the normal way of doing things)
But I digress...
The Governor made a valid point. He also said he found it interesting that Hawaii has state run healthcare and they seem to be doing alright. Heck, he even mentioned Rush Limbaugh getting treated there when he fell ill and how he raved about the care he received. Of course, later recanting when the debate over healthcare began. Oh, and the Palin family, who has regularly gone to Canada for healthcare.
It was a great interview. I enjoyed it and it really made me think about things. Hey, I might even sift through information on the health care debate now.
HOOT HOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment